- Broccoli (or cauliflower) – about 3 cups per person
- ½ Head of garlic (8 – 10 cloves)
- 5 cups of rotini pasta (or more, if you prefer)
- Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut up the broccoli or cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Mince garlic.
- Heat up the water and cook the pasta while you are cutting and cooking the broccoli and garlic.
- Once the broccoli and garlic is ready, heat up ¼ cup olive oil in wok or large frying pan and add the broccoli when the oil is hot. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until almost cooked.
- Add the garlic to the pan and continue stirring for a few more minutes until the garlic is browned and the broccoli is cooked. Feel free to add more olive oil if needed; there should be some oil left to mix in with the pasta.
- In a serving dish, mix the broccoli and garlic mixture with the pasta, and add the parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
To lower the fat content, you can cook the broccoli slightly in boiling water or by steaming it before frying in the oil. I prefer the taste of the original, but feel free to experiment. Also, if you prefer your broccoli slightly crunchier, or more cooked, adjust the cooking time accordingly.